13 August 2013
The new residency law was announced by the government last year and could come into effect this autumn
07 August 2013
A new programme offering residency by investment is starting to breathe new life in Spain’s flagging property market—even though it is still at draft stage.
29 July 2013
The details of Spain’s Golden Visa residency-for-property rules have now been published and agents report rising interest from overseas investors. Rather than only being allowed to purchase one home for up to €500,000 to qualify, applicants can buy several properties of different kinds to make up the total. Residential, commercial and land deals all qualify.
23 July 2013
Leading luxury international estate agency Lucas Fox has registered a tripling in enquiries from non-EU property investors following the Spanish government’s approval of a new law to fast track Residency permits.
23 July 2013
New legislation will permit non-EU residents to get residency in Spain. CNN’s Al Goodman reports.
17 June 2013
Español New residency visas for foreign buyers are expected to cause a boom in the Spanish property market, according to a recent report by the Property Showrooms website.
12 June 2013
Al Jazeera TV reports about Spain’s approved plans to grant wealthy foreign home buyers permanent residency if they buy property worth $650,000 or more.Spain’s government has approved plans to grant wealthy foreigners residency if they buy property, or set up businesses.
27 May 2013
The law, set to be enacted in the coming months, provides certainty for Estate agents in Spain targeting non-EU customers, particularly the Chinese and Russian markets where interest has been very lively since the proposal was initially mooted. Chinese companies are already advertising Spanish residency in Shanghai and Beijing.
21 May 2013
Spanish property is set to become particularly attractive this summer, as a new law expected to come into force by July will allow non-EU residents to get Spanish residency automatically if they buy a property worth €500,000 or more.
26 April 2013
The government is expected to shortly announce that homebuyers outside the EU will need to spend a minimum of 500 thousand Euros on property before automatically being granted residency. This figure is more than three times the original 160,000 Euro figure announced by the Spanish press in November. It is believed that the residency permits will extend to spouses and children but will not be retroactive, as many non-EU buyers have requested.The new figure now mirrors similar agreements established in Portugal and Ireland.
- Surge in demand for luxury property as Spain’s new Residency law is implemented
- Agents launching "visa businesses" see huge success targeting Russians and Chinese
- Spanish Revival
- EU dream is reality for outside investors
- "Golden Visa" law granting non-EU citizens Spanish residency via property purchases
- Spain paves the way for thousands of non-EU property investors as new residency rules become law
- "Golden Visa" is expected to be enacted soon
- Spain Move To Attract HNWIs
- Spanish property market recovering
- Spain’s ‘Golden Visa’ set to become law in weeks
- Millionaire foreign investors to buy property in exchange for visas
- Plans To Grant Investor Residency Could Revive Spain's Real Estate Market
- Spain’s Golden Visa rules debated as investor interest grows
- Surge in demand for luxury property as Spain's new Residency law is given green light
- Paying the price for residency in Spain
- Asian Property Investors Look to Spain
- Spain tempts investors with residency
- Spain paves the way for greater foreign investment in property market
- Residency law gives the Spanish market a boost
- Spain’s new residency law for foreign property buyers expected to be given go-ahead before summer
Speak to an advisor today to start your Residency In Spain application.
Call our expert advisors on +34 933 562 989 about your Residency application or contact us using the short application request form.
We can help with all application details, provide up-to-date information on the new residency process and manage a property search that is tailored to your needs